Honeywell Business Technologies
Smart VFD HVAC
SmartVFD HVAC is a standalone variable frequency drive (VFD) designed to control the speed of HVAC pumps and fans in order to maximize energy efficiency. Smart VFD is also designed to run three-phase standard and high-efficiency induction motors by varying the output voltage and frequency. SmartVFD HVAC is easy to install and communicates effectively with building automation systems (BAS) to minimize energy consumption.
- Start-up wizards & graphic interface for fast, uniform commissioning
- Built-in communications
- PC software wizards
- Built-in PLC
- NEMA 1, 12, or 3R enclosures
- Fire mode for safe operation
SmartVFD HVAC with Bypass and/or Disconnect
The SmartVFD bypass is easy to specify, select, install, and commission. It is the perfect complement to the advanced capabilities of the SmartVFD HVAC. The SmartVFD bypass configurations make it easy for you to select the right bypass to complete your drive package. Four configurations to meet job-site requirements:
- Disconnect Only – Adds a fused disconnect to the VFD
- 2-Contactor Bypass – No main disconnect; freeze/fire/smoke interlock
- 3-Contactor Bypass with Disconnect – Fused disconnect; freeze/fire/smoke interlock
- 3-Contactor Bypass with Auto-Bypass – The bypass is sent to bypass mode by a contact closure or any VFD fault. Dry contacts indicate when the bypass is in bypass.
SmartVFD HVAC2 standalone variable frequency drives (VFDs) are designed to control HVAC motors and pumps up to 25HP to maximize energy efficiency. SmartVFD HVAC2 is a small footprint drive that can fit in your existing enclosure or become a NEMA 1 enclosure. They can be mounted side by side with the proper free space for cooling airflow circulation. The free PC tool with optional adaptor turns your computer into a programming window to set up, control, monitor, and diagnose in real time or for off-line editing and backup.
- Quick installation due to increased mounting flexibility
- Easy-to-use interface with intuitive navigation and simple commissioning
- Motor preheat function to ensure performance in cold climates
- Automatic restart feature
- Available with and without a Class 2 EMC Filter for applications with electrical interference